How to boost the immune system naturally?
The human body has an ability to protect itself from infections that cause diseases – which is called immunity. A healthy immune system is vital for a healthy body that is free of disease. It also helps to flush out harmful toxins from the body. The immune system is a complex and intricate network of cells, proteins, tissues, and organs that work together to protect the body from infectious micro-organisms like bacteria, various other harmful foreign substances.
Immune system disorders happen when the body’s immune system is over-active or under-active. In the case of an under-active immune system, the body has a reduced ability to fight diseases and becomes vulnerable to infections.
Frequent infections including viral, fungal and bacterial infections, colds, chronic fever, allergic reactions, constant fatigue, tiredness, lethargy, and chronic diarrhea are some of the common symptoms of a weak immune system. Immunity starts at birth when the mother’s first milk is expressed in the form of colostrum. Vestige offers a wide range of immunity-boosting food supplements that help build a strong immune system and supply the body with adequate nutrients.
5 Ways to boost your IMMUNE System
- Relax: It is very important that people can relax, or in some cases re-learn to relax in their busy lives
- Drink Green Tea: Green tea is rich in many chemicals that have been shown to have health-protective properties
- Practise Mindfulness: Practise for then minutes every day. It can also boost energy levels and help you cope better with the stress of modern life.
- Get some gentle exercise: Walking, swimming or cycling for half an hour daily can be very helpful both physically and mentally.
- Eat a healthy plant-based diet: Plants provide plenty of immune protecting chemicals. The best superfoods are good quality organic fruit and vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, strawberries, and carrots.